Friday, February 6, 2009

Facebook Divorce?

I must admit- part of the reason I hate social networking is because of the damaging effect it can have on relationships. I, like so many women out there, joined Facebook so that I could spy on my boyfriend and make sure no facebook sluts were stalking him. When he started telling me about the random girls from junior high and high school who were friending him, my jealousy alarm went off and I had no choice but to check it out for myself. Now let me say for the record that I trust my boyfriend completely and this was no reflection on him but simply my insecurities combined with an awareness of the the girls out there who spend countless hours online preying on other girls' fellas, aka the facebook sluts.

After driving myself (not to mention my boyfriend) nuts with my endless agnozing, we decided for the sake of our otherwise healthy relationship that one of us would need to end our Facebook relationship. In the end, it was me that took the plunge and I am grateful for this one less stress in my life. Unfortunately, not all situations ended as happily as mine. According to the Daily Mail, Emma Brady will be getting the "world's first divorce by Facebook."

The Daily Mail also reported:

Brady, a 35-year-old conference organizer, claims that she found out that her husband wanted a divorce via Facebook. She said her friend was looking at Facebook and discovered that Brady's husband, a 39-year-old IT consultant, had posted this message: "Neil Brady has ended his marriage to Emma Brady."

And it gets worse: Emma said that she then saw a message from someone else that stated that Neil was "better off out of it."

Can you even imagine? How awful! This is the ultimate Dear John story of the digital age.


No comments:

Post a Comment